Botting is automated resource gathering, usually done using Macromod, but other bot frameworks are used too. Historically botting is the result of requiring enormous amounts of crops to make exp, combined with the hands-off admin policy on CivCraft.
All bots must adhere to the following rules:
- Bots are allowed to read any inventory, their selected hot bar slot, their own location, their health, their hunger, their potion effects, their EXP, their boss bar, chat messages, kick reasons, player logins/logouts, the tab list and nothing else
- Reading environmental data in particular is not allowed. This includes the location of any entities and any blocks
- You are only allowed to read server provided chat messages, not ones generated by client side mods
Civclassic rules, Botting, accessed February 2020
Macromod allows you to bind chat commands and scripts to keyboard keys, mouse buttons and custom menus.
You can download existing scripts or create your own.
- Download and install LiteLoader
- Download Macromod and move the
.jarfile to your
- Tutorials: Basics, Methods
- All available commands
- Discord server for botting/scripting on CivClassics(Low activity as of February 2020)
Macromod Script Collections
Advanced Macros is a Forge mod that allows scripting in Lua and binding scripts to events and keys in a similar manner to Macromod. Advanced Macros is generally accepted as more powerful and reliable, but can be more difficult for newcomers to learn.
Advanced Macros script collection
Since rendering the game is quite expensive and some bots need to run all day, people created Minecraft clients that run from the console/terminal/command line:
Before building Redstone-powered farms, ensure they do not exceed redstone chunk limits (water streams can often be used as a replacement).
Due to the SimpleAdminHacks plugin, Obsidian can be generated using String and Lava. An ideal place to set up such an Obsidian generator is between several cave spider spawners. Hooking those up to an automatic system killing the spiders and moving the String to a bot player allows generating large amounts of obsidian automatically.
Although there is no Nether dimension, Nether portals still spawn Pigmen. This can be used to make AFK gold farms by surrounding the player with lots of portals and putting open trapdoors on their bottom edges, allowing the Pigmen to walk and fall down into a water collection and killing system. Note that mob AI is disabled for entities more than 10 blocks away from the player, so only portals within that range will be effective.