Welcome to the CivClassics Brewery Guide! Before you start brewing, you will need some supplies to set up your brewing location. You will need:
- Wood for barrels. You will need wood stairs for small barrels and wood stairs/planks/fences for large barrels.
- Note: For large brewing locations, you should make 6 barrels using each of the 6 types of wood. (Acacia, Spruce, Dark Oak, Oak, Jungle & Birch)
- Cauldrons for fermenting.
- A source of fire. Since fire spread is turned off, you can light any block on fire indefinitely with flint & steel. Lava will also work.
- A source of water. You will want to make an infinity pool nearby.
- Brewing stands for distilling. These do not require blaze powder when distilling.
- Glass bottles for collecting your completed brew.
- A clock to keep track of how long a brew has been fermenting.
- Lots of different ingredients. A detailed list will be included in this guide for the items that are accepted into the cauldron.
- Chests to store your brews in and to keep your ingredients safe.
Let's start by setting up a cauldron to ferment brews in.
- Place the cauldron in a convenient spot and make sure the block underneath it is empty.
- Place your source of fire underneath the cauldron. Remember, this can either be lava or a flame lit with flint & steel.
- Place water from a water bucket into your cauldron. That's it! You're all done with setting up your fermentation cauldron.
In order to ferment ingredients into a brew, right click the cauldron with the ingredient in your hand. It is EXTREMELY important that you remove the item in your offhand because the Brewery Plugin will try to add both the item in your main hand and your off hand into the cauldron. Now that you have an ingredient or multiple ingredients in the cauldron, right click that cauldron with a clock. You will be able to track how long the brew has been fermenting. After you are satisfied with the duration of fermentation, use a bottle to remove the brew from your cauldron!
Let's start by setting up a distillery brewing stand.
- Place the brewing stand in your desired location and place exactly one glowstone dust in the top of the brewing stand. Distilling will not use up that one piece of glowstone dust, however, placing more than one glowstone dust will needlessly cause the glowstone to be used up until one is left. Additionally, blaze powder is not needed to distill drinks.
- Place your fermented brews into the brewing stand. After waiting for a short while, you will see the drink gain lore for the amount of times it was distilled. MOST of the time if you made an indefinable distillate, that means the recipe you used wasn't accurate or that the drink didn't need to be distilled.
Note: For brews that require distilling, the quality of the drink is affected by how many times the drink is distilled. Do some experimenting to find out the required number of distillations for the drink! Information about the drink can be obtained by leaving it in the distillation stand.
Let's start by setting up a small and large barrel.
- A small barrel is set up using 8 stairs and 1 sign in the pattern shown. The first layer is 4 stairs, the second layer is 4 stairs and then the barrel is completed by placing a sign with the word "Barrel" on it. Barrel created should appear in chat if done correctly. Small barrels are required to have the sign on them to work. The barrel is opened by right clicking the sign and has 9 inventory slots to age brews.
- A large barrel is set up using 5 fences, 16 stairs, 1 sign and 18 wood planks in the pattern shown. Start by visualizing a 4 by 3 rectangle and place fences in each of the 4 corners. The second layer will have upside down stairs on both sides and planks to finish out the rectangle. One fence post should be placed in front to act as the spout. The third layer is a hollow rectangle made with planks. Note: The two center blocks on this layer can either be filled up or left empty. This is a very handy spot for placing a snitch. The last layer will be stairs on both sides and planks down the center. Place a sign with the word "Barrel" and the message "Barrel created" should appear in chat. Unlike the small barrel, you can remove the sign and the barrel will still work. The large barrel is opened by right clicking the spout and has 27 inventory slots for aging brews. Civclassics' Brewery config only allows you to open a large barrel by the spout but there is an option to open the barrel from anywhere as well.
To age a brew, leave a drink in the barrel for 1 barrel year. A barrel year is 20 real life minutes. Brews will age even if you are offline so don't forget about them! Like distilling, only some brews require aging while others will be ruined by it. It is your job to experiment and figure out the right method to make each drink. You will get a ruined potion if a brew does not age properly.
Note: Breaking any part of the barrels will cause the contents to spill out and rendering the barrel useless. You will have to fix the barrel and replace the sign to recreate it.
Note: Like the distilling stand, you can place a brew in a barrel for a short while to pull up the brew's hidden lore for determining the quality of the drink.
A brew's lore can be pulled up by placing the drink in a distillation stand or an aging barrel. This can only be done if you have a named drink and not one of the base drinks, indefinite brews or ruined potions. The following 5 values could show up on the brew:
- Ingredients: How accurate your ingredients in the brew are to the perfect recipe
- Minutes Fermented: How accurate the fermentation time is to the perfect recipe
- Distillation Runs: How many times the drink was distilled compared to the perfect recipe
- Aging: How long the brew was aged compared to the perfect recipe
- Wood Type: If the correct wood type is being used or not (This will only show up for brews that require a specific wood type)
Each of the above lore values will have a color associated with them; Green, Yellow, Orange or Red. If the value is perfect, it will show up green. Depending on the difficulty of the brew, the further you are away from the perfect amount, the lore values will show up yellow, orange and then red.
While drinking, you can receive a multitude of side effects as a result of getting drunk. Each player has an alcohol limit of 100/100 and each drink will add to that limit until you reach 100. In addition to the effects a brew may give you, the following effects may occur depending on your alcohol limit:
- Slurred Speech- As you get more drunk, the Brewery Mod will detect certain combinations of letters or phrases and jumble them up in chat. A single word like hello could turn into a full sentence of random slurred speech.
- Stumbled Walk- You may find yourself moving in one direction on your own and have little control over moving in that direction. This becomes increasingly bad as you near the 100 alcohol limit.
- Passing Out- When you exceed your 100 alcohol limit (There isn't currently a way to check your current alcohol amount so be careful!), you will get kicked from the server. When trying to log back in, it may tell you that you're too drunk to log in! Just keep trying and eventually you'll be able to rejoin. Be careful though because you will be combat tagged on drunk log out and can be easily killed.
- Nausea- As you near the 100 alcohol limit, you may get increasingly bad spells of nausea that can last a few seconds or 30+ seconds. Stop being such a drunkard!
- Vomiting- After you reach a certain alcohol limit, you may start spewing soul sand everywhere. This is just a visual effect and you can't pick the soul sand up.
- Poison- Aside from a few brews having poison as an effect in the config, if you drink imperfect brews (Especially ruined potions) you have a chance of poisoning yourself.
- Hangover- If you log out while you are drunk, and log back in later that day, you may log in with weakness, hunger or slowness effects due to a hang over. This is more likely to occur if you got drunk off of imperfect brews.
There are a few ways that you can sober up to help reduce your alcohol limit.
- Over time, you will slowly get less drunk and the effects of drinking will become shorter and more spread out
- You can eat certain foods to reduce your alcohol limit. (Note: It is uncertain if this works properly on CivClassics)
- Drinking a milk bucket will remove all potion effects and reduce your alcohol limit by 3 points each
- Note: For cases of nausea, milk is rather ineffective since the nausea will continually reoccur for a little while.
- Eating bread will reduce your alcohol limit by 4 points each
- Eating a baked potato will reduce your alcohol limit by 6 points each
- Drinking a milk bucket will remove all potion effects and reduce your alcohol limit by 3 points each
Brewing Hints & Details
Ingredients & Brew Bases
There are numerous ingredients that can be added to the cauldron when trying to discover brews. You may have noticed Brew Bases mentioned a few times in the article already, so what are they? Brew bases are brews named after the majority ingredient and are not a discovered brew. Below is a table of all ingredients and their base brew names that can be added to the cauldron.
|Sugar Cane||Sugar Brew|
|Long Grass||Boiled Herbs|
|Red Mushroom||Mushroom Brew|
|Brown Mushroom||Fungus Mush|
|Milk Bucket||Milky Water|
|Snow Block||Water Slush|
|Glowstone Dust||Shining Paste|
|Leaves (Old Trees)||Steamed Herbs|
|Leaves (New Trees)||Steamy Herbs|
|Soul Sand||Tortured Soul|
|Blaze Rod||Superheated Steam|
|Lava Bucket||Liquid Magma|
|Spider Eye||Arachnid's Gaze|
|Gold Nugget||Gold Shard|
|Gold Ingot||Fool's Gold|
|Pumpkin Seeds||Pumpkin Spice|
|Beetroot Seeds||Beet Spice|
|Melon Seeds||Sweet Spice|
|Redstone Dust||Red Sugar|
|Ender Pearl||Entrapped H20|
|Ender Stone||Convict's Walkway|
|Popped Chorus Fruit||Smashed Lullaby|
|Chorus Fruit||Soothing Melody|
|Iron Ingot||Liquid Iron|
|Wood Sword||Damp Sword|
|Snow Ball||Melted Snowball|
|Ghast Tear||Ghast's Sorrow|
|Golden Apple||Golden Juice|
|Rotten Flesh||Boiled Flesh|
|Fermented Spider Eye||Dreadful Gaze|
|Double Tall Flower||Flower Medley|
|One Tall Flower||Flower Swirl|
|Wood Button||Nutty Surprise|
|Cooked Beef||Beef Stock|
|Cooked Chicken||Chicken Stock|
|Cooked Fish||Fish Stock|
|Cooked Mutton||Sheep Stock|
|Cooked Rabbit||Rabbit Stock|
|Grilled Pork||Pork Stock|
|Stone Button||Coarse Pepper|
|Redstone Torch||Battery Acid|
|Magma Block||Undiminished Fire|
|Clay Ball||Melted Sculpture|
|Slime Ball||Sticky Sludge|
|Prismarine Crystals||Shattered Crystal|
|Water Lily||Lotus Blossom|
|Poisonous Potato||Poison Base|
|Iron Ore||Heavy Brew|
|Sea Lantern||Lantern Oil|
|Dead Bush||Moisturized Shrub|
|Leather Boots||Swamp Muck|
|Raw Fish||Fishy Broth|
|Iron Nugget||Iron Shard|
|Stained Clay||Hard Brew|
|Dirt||Mud (Might not be ingame)|
|Chorus Flower||Muffled Symphony|
|Glistering Melon||Shining Fruity Blend|
If your brew has one of these names, it means it is unfinished and may turn into a successful brew if aged or distilled. Keep in mind that most base brews will likely not turn into anything. You will need to experiment a lot with different ingredients and follow some of the hints provided to you.
Shortly after CivClassics was launched and after the config was updated to include 154 drinks, various hints were posted on the subreddit to help players discover some brews. The following table contains all of the information that was available on the subreddit.
|Date Released||Clue Number||Clue Description|
|July 29th, 2017||1||A warrior looks to his 4 comrades with vigor in his eyes. "This is our first conquest! Let us go!" The warrior holds his sword high above his head and the 4 others join in|
|July 31st, 2017||2||A group of iron golems are blocking the entrance to a bar. One heads inside to buy a standard beer. The bartender says, "If your friends stay out there, it's
gonna take forever to get rid of this beer!"
|August 3rd, 2017||3||Nothing beats this sweet treat at night. Just dunk a whole plate and enjoy their warm gooey texture. I hope you're not lactose intolerant!|
|August 6th, 2017||4||Mmmm nothing beats a warm bowl of this when you have a cold. Just place chunks of your favorite bird and let it simmer awhile for maximum flavor|
|August 10th, 2017||5||An age old tale recounted a story of a decrepit spider who would peel off the flesh of its numerous victims. It would feed the flesh to newborn children over a long period of time to convert them to Cannibals|
|August 10th, 2017||6||Shhhh just breathe deeply. Yes, yes that’s it….lay down…You'll wake up at least ten minutes from now.|
|August 12th, 2017||7||Sugar...sugar...SugaR...SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR S U G A R...........SUSUSUSUSUSUUUUUGGGGGGAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!! AHHHHHH
SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR! If I were a woman, I would be over my daily limit!
|August 17th, 2017||8||Just layer in the steak, glaze the pan with 1/4 Aged Red Wine and cook for 5 minutes. You will have the most delicious dish to treat any date.|
|August 20th, 2017||9||A tattered note in an abandoned frathouse reads "10:3:2, all you need is some potatoes, glowstone dust and melons man! You'll get wasted in no time!"|
|August 20th, 2017||10||Ah good day sir! We can't drink the peasants punch, no sir. We must show off our wealth to make our punch the most exquisite in the land. No vagabond can even come close to its
radiating flavor! The real way us gentlemen drink the punch is by using a diamond helmet with an extra diamond as a garnish. You must control yourself and only take two
sips or that melon flavor will knock you right out!
|August 23rd, 2017||11||While at the circus, the head trainer throws 7 or 8 nuts to his main elephant after doing a trick. "Alright Dumbo, I've only got a couple more." The trainer looks at his watch. " 1:15…
Alright, last trick. Do a huge spin!"
|August 23rd, 2017||12||"Welcome to Dunkin Devoted, how may I help you?" "Oh you want a Pumpkin Spice Latte? Well we are fresh out but I'm sure you can get the recipe from our native Headquarters."|
|August 26th, 2017||13||Every five years, an Ancient village conducts a ritual to celebrate the coming of the blood moon. They gather around their single spruce tree in town and pray for a long time.
Then they harvest their apple trees and have a feast!
|August 26th, 2017||14||Time of death: 0:06 AM.
Reason: Attempted to add flakes of gold to a weaker absinthe to lower its alcoholic effect. What a tragic accident.
|August 29tth, 2017||15||Ho ho ho, you've been naughty this year, all of you! Santa didn't bring you presents and won't until your behavior improves.
Ill give this small town of 8 people 25 years to correct your behavior or I will permanently skip your town for all future generations. Ho ho, Get to work!
|August 29th, 2017||16||Named after an expensive metal that has been at least 8x more expensive than the others for 10 years running, this booze will always beet your expectations on how smooth it is.|
|August 30th, 2017||17||http://imgur.com/jMKp8NA|
|September 1st, 2017||18||My parent's secret recipe: 2.5 parts Russian Vodka, 0.5 parts the main ingredient in Aurora Jungle Juice|
|September 1st, 2017||19||On the 16th day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a single Sheepycane! Wait…this is all wooly. That’s gross.|
|September 4th, 2017||20||Licks icecream cone- Doh!I hate it when that happens. Its almost like getting pelted in the face for a full round in a popular winter activity.|
|September 4th, 2017||21||You ever wanted a beer that was not worth drinking? One that doesn't make you as drunk! Looking to save money because you're cheap and hope your friends
won't notice your low quality beer? Look no further! Take two thirds of a glass of craft beer and throw four ice cubes in. I bet you they will never tell the difference
if you age it the same way... Probably...Yeah ok they will definitely notice.
|September 7th, 2017||22||https://imgur.com/a/7QJB2|
|September 8th, 2017||23||We are on a journey to find a more refined Mead…..Half of one ingredient because it was too sweet for our tastes…Let's also upgrade the apples
and see what we get! Although I don't think we should use the same barrel since we used different ingredients.
|September 11th, 2017||24||https://imgur.com/WEner1F|
|September 16th, 2017||25||Fifteen workers are in a rice paddy making rice starch. Half decide to call it quits until they can get better pay for their hard labor.|
|September 16th, 2017||26||Alright blazes! There are 8 of you so group up into pairs of two! We are testing out a new variant of 12 cup beer pong and want to see which one of you will win!
Lets see….what should be the prize. Oh how about this bottle of high proof booze!
|September 21st, 2017||27||Lets see….I need some eggs and some sugar cane… I'll get a baker's dozen of eggs. Wait…no one knows what that is. I'll just get a regular dozen.
Gotta make sure this doesn't cook too long or the sugarcane will start to burn!
|September 21st, 2017||28||We are losing him! It's been almost 20 minutes, keep up with the chest compressions, there might still be hope! I just wish there was some way to indentify who he is…|
|September 21st, 2017||29||This undiminished fire has been burning a long six years. It was caused by the sweet, crimson bloodshed of five neighboring nations engaged in a decade long war.|
|September 27th, 2017||30||https://imgur.com/a/zAGid|
|October 4th, 2017||31||Frosty the Snowman, went to the pub one cloudy day. "Give me something to reflect upon", that’s all I've got to say.|
|October 4th, 2017||32||Tears roll down its face as it fires blasts at you for invading its home. It just cries more when it realizes it destroyed the souls of the entrapped.|
|October 4th, 2017||33||Stuck in purgatory huh? All that is around you is a desolate wasteland of the same terrain. You could probably liquify it though. How else are you supposed to survive?|
|October 4th, 2017||34||After sipping this mysterious drink it feels like something is creeping all over your body, taking over and converting your cells one by one! The drink is sweet though so that’s nice.|
|October 4th, 2017||35||They are breaking through! Form a barrier NOW! Arrow volley coming from the east, prepare yourselves! This looks like it will last awhile.|
|October 4th, 2017||36||*sips tea* None of my buisin….ow whats that? There is something prickly in this cup. Ow ow ow! I knew this milkless tea was going to cause me problems!|
|April 1st, 2018||37||Happy Easter everyone! Treat yourself to something eggy this holiday with some Robust Egg Coffee! All you need is 28 Cocoa beans!....
Well you need some sugar and a few eggs too but who knows how much! Simmer it for less than 5 minutes and you can serve it at your holiday gathering. Enjoy!
|RektTangle's Clues||Picture||RektTangle's Clues||Picture||RektTangle's Clues||Picture|
|Clue #1||Clue #2||Clue #3|
|Clue #4||Clue #5||Clue #6|
Brew Names & Other Information
The following table includes the names of the officially revealed brews, the number of ingredients in that brew and the ingredient types for most brews. Players can freely add to this table if they wish to reveal more ingredients to readers of this wiki. DO NOT expand the table unless you want things spoiled! You have been warned.
|Brew Number||Brew Perfect Name||Number Of Ingredients||Actual Ingredients|
|4||Golden Mead||1||Sugar Cane|
|5||Rich Apple Mead||2||Apple, Sugar Cane|
|6||Pirate’s Rum||1||Sugar Cane|
|8||Strong Absinthe||1||Long Grass|
|9||Potato Soup||2||Potato, Long Grass|
|10||Strong Coffee||2||Cocoa Bean, Milk Bucket|
|11||Frostrock Coffee||3||Snow Block, Cocoa Beans, Milk Bucket|
|12||Psychedelic Soup||3||Cactus, Glowstone, Red Mushroom|
|13||Leggsington||4||Cocoa Bean, Egg, Sugarcane, Sugar|
|14||Sovereign Tea||3||Oak Leaves, Seeds, Sugar Cane|
|15||Nether Tonic||4||Magma, Netherwart, Netherrack, Soul Sand|
|16||Fireball||3||Blaze Powder, Flint, Lava Bucket|
|17||Harvey’s Feud||3||Leaves, Sapling, Stick|
|18||Sparkling Vodka||2||Potato, Glowstone Dust|
|19||Aquila Tequila||4||Cactus, Beetroot, Light Blue Dye, Feather|
|22||Winter Wonderland||2||Red Wool, White Wool|
|23||Graveyard Absinthe||3||Bone, Long Grass, Spider Eye|
|24||Upscale Absinthe||2||Gold Nugget, Long Grass|
|25||Pumpkin Spice Latte||4||Cocoa Bean, Milk Bucket, Pumpkin Seeds,Sugar Cane|
|26||Redstone Rum||1||Redstone Dust|
|27||Strong Tea||2||Milk Bucket, Oak Leaves|
|28||Aged Red Wine||1||Netherwart|
|29||Créme de Menthe||3||Potato, Fern, Sugar Cane|
|30||Snowman Slushie||4||Carrot, Coal, Snow Block, Stick|
|31||Beetroot Whiskey||3||Beetroot Seeds, Redstone Dust, Seeds|
|32||Ender Vodka||3||Potato, End Stone, Ender Pearl|
|33||Sparkling Champagne||2||Glowstone Dust, Popped Chorus Fruit|
|35||Liquid THC||3||Long Grass, Seeds|
|36||Jungle Juice||3||Melon, Apple, Chorus Fruit|
|37||Iron Golem Stout||3||Wheat, Iron Ingot, Pumpkin|
|38||Poltergeist||3||Soul Sand, Flint, Wood Sword|
|39||Light Beer||2||Ice, Wheat|
|40||Melon Beer||3||Wheat, Melon, Sugar Cane|
|41||Fine Ale||1||Sugar Cane|
|42||Golden Spritzer||2||Chorus Fruit, Gold Nugget|
|46||Millionaire's Punch||2||Diamond, Melon|
|47||Ghast's Anguish||2||Ghast Tear, Soul Sand|
|48||Firefly Full Monty||3||Glowstone, Potato, Yellow Dye|
|49||Perfect Galliano||4||Long Grass, Potato, Sugar, Yellow Dye|
|50||Golden Apple Mead||2||Sugar Cane, Golden Apple|
|53||Powerful Saké||1||Light Gray Dye|
|55||Aged White Wine||2||Netherwart, Sugar|
|57||Cannibal's Delight||2||Rotten Flesh, Fermented Spider Eye|
|58||Red Moon Wine||1||Apple|
|59||Nomad's Waste||3||Red Mushroom, Brown Mushroom, Seeds|
|64||Chocolate Liqueur||2||Sugar, Cocoa Beans|
|65||Créme de Violette||2||Purple Dye, Sugar Cane|
|67||Peanut Lolita||1||Wood Button|
|72||Advocaat||2||Sugar Cane, Egg|
|73||Bloody Mary||3||Potato, Red Dye, Sugar Cane|
|78||Strong Melon Soplica||2||Melon, Wood Button|
|81||Rocky Brew||2||Stone, Gravel|
|82||Feijoada||2||Cooked Beef, Carrot|
|83||Beef Burgundy||2||Cooked Beef, Netherwart|
|84||Flemish Stew||2||Cooked Beef, Potato|
|85||Philadelphia Peppet Pot||2||Cooked Beef, Stone Button|
|86||Coq Au Vin||2||Brown Mushroom, Cooked Chicken|
|87||Chicken Noodle Soup||1||Cooked Chicken|
|88||Galinhada||2||Cooked Chicken, Paper|
|89||Ostropel||2||Cooked Chicken, Red Dye|
|90||Boullabaisse||2||Cooked Fish, Potato|
|91||Cacciucco||2||Cooked Fish, Sugar Cane|
|92||Paila Marina||2||Cooked Fish, Carrot|
|93||Étouffée||2||Cooked Fish, Paper|
|94||Andrajos||2||Cooked Rabbit, Stone Button|
|96||Hasenfeffer||2||Cooked Rabbit, Netherwart|
|97||Fricot||2||Cooked Rabbit, Potato|
|99||Pearled Puppet||1||Ender Pearl|
|101||Apocalypse||2||End Stone, Ender Pearl|
|103||Blossom Tea||2||Seeds, Lily Pads|
|104||Hot Chocolate||2||Magma Block, Cocoa Beans|
|105||Creeping Ale||2||Mycelium, Sugar Cane|
|106||Cookie Milkshake||2||Cookie, Milk Bucket|
|109||Identity Crisis||1||Name Tag|
|110||Magma Rum||2||Magma, Redstone Dust|
|112||Black Hole Moonshine||1||Prismarine Crystals|
|113||Rakia||1||Popped Chorus Fruit|
|115||Lilac Blonde||2||Wheat, Lilac|
|116||Zyklon B||5||Netherwart, Chorus Fruit, Pumpkin Seeds, Beetroot, Lapis Lazuli|
|117||Hazelnut Lattee||3||Cocoa Beans, Milk, Wood Button|
|118||Cappuccino||2||Cocoa Beans, Milk|
|119||Robust Egg Coffee||3||Cocoa Beans, Egg, Sugar|
|120||Caramel Macchiato||3||Cocoa Beans, Milk, Redstone Dust|
|121||Lotus Monas-Tea||2||Oak Leaves, Long Grass|
|122||Fine White Tea||2||Oak Leaves, Bone|
|123||Matcha||2||Green Dye, Oak Leaves|
|124||Oolong Tea||2||Oak Leaves, Ink Sack|
|125||Red Tie||4||Cocoa Bean, Oak Leaves, Redstone Dust, Snow Block|
|126||Exquisite Green Tea||2||Oak Leaves, Cactus|
|127||Pink Barbie||2||Beetroot, Sugar Cane|
|128||Ginger Beet Martini||3||Apple, Potato, Beetroot|
|129||White Sambuca||3||Blaze Powder, Bone, Sunflower|
|131||Aurora Jungle Juice||3||Glowstone Dust, Melon, Potato|
|132||Frosted Mummy||2||Glowstone Dust, Snow Block|
|133||Green Scorpion||3||Wheat, Glowstone Dust, Lapis Lazuli|
|134||Sonic Screwdriver||2||Glowstone Dust, Sugar|
|135||Desert Martini||2||Prismarine Crystals, Sand|
|136||Candy Apple Martini||3||Apple, Prismarine Crystals, Redstone Dust|
|137||Burnt Martini||2||Prismarine Crystals, Magma|
|153||Naunet Cartel Whiskey||2||Wheat, Diamond|
|154||Impassiano Stout||2||Wheat, Stone|
|156||Tomb Keeper||2||Rotten Flesh, Sand|
|157||Sand Castle||3||Stone, Sand, Stick|
|158||Sloth Broth||2||Seeds, Feather|
|169||Lysergic Acid Diethylamide||1||Brown Mushroom|
|170||Methamphetamine||2||Sea Lantern, Bed|
|172||Adderall||2||Sea Lantern, Sugar|
|173||Bath Salts||1||Dead Bush|
|174||Augustan Rum||2||Seeds, Redstone|
|175||Nymph Napoleon||2||Sunflower, Rose Red Dye|
|178||Drunken Sailor||2||Sugar Cane, Sunflower|
|179||Voodoo||2||Long Grass, Potato|
|180||Drunken Elf||2||White Wool, Red Wool|
|181||Fearless Redneck||2||Sugar, Wheat|
|182||Naga Chili Vodka||2||Potato, Magma|
|183||Scorpion Vodka||2||Potato, Poisonous Potato|
|184||Prairie Chicken||3||Egg, Stone Button, Sunflower|
|185||Salmon Vodka||2||Cooked Fish, Potato|
|186||Piña Colada||2||Ice, Sugar Cane|
|187||Watermelon Sangria||2||Melon, Sugar|
|188||Dark N' Stormy||2||Beetroot, Ice|
|189||Rum Sunset||2||Cactus, Sugar Cane|
|190||Cuba Libre||2||Sugar Cane, Sugar|
|191||Mermaid Lemonade||3||Ice, Sugar, Cyan Dye|
|192||Snow Cone||1||Snow Block|
|193||Twelve Mile Limit||3||Sugar, Wheat, Redstone|
|194||Copa Verde||2||Cactus Green Dye, Cactus|
|195||Radiation||3||Coal, Stone, Glowstone Dust|
|196||Basilico||3||Long Grass, Potato, Apple|
|197||Rasberry Le Flor||2||Rose Red Dye, Fern|
|198||Gold Rush||2||Wheat, Gold Nugget|
|199||Vamp||2||Rose Red Dye, Cocoa Beans|
|200||American Spirit||3||Ice, Rose Red Dye, Lapis Lazuli|
|201||Firecracker||3||Potato, Rose Red Dye, Lapis Lazuli|
|202||Golden Glow||3||Glowstone Dust, Gold Nugget, Sugar Cane|
|203||Mint Julep||2||Long Grass, Wheat|
|204||Sritangtini||3||Prismarine Crystals, Potato, Long Grass|
|205||Le Bleu Glacier||3||Lapis Lazuli, Sugar, Potato|
|206||La Paloma||3||Cactus, Seeds, Sugar Cane|
|207||Minty Lime Iced Tea||3||Fern, Ice, Spruce Leaves|
|208||Blackberry Sweet Tea||2||Spruce Leaves, Ink Sac|
|209||Iced Hibiscus Sweet Tea||2||Lilac, Spruce Leaves|
|210||Rhubarb Mint Tea||2||Spruce Leaves, Beetroot|
|211||Devil Springs Vodka||3||Potato, Beetroot, Sunflower|
|212||Spirytus||2||Long Grass, Wheat|
|215||Balkan||2||Sugar Cane, Wheat|
|216||Bacardi 151||1||Sugar Cane|
|217||Senntisten Independence Gin||2||End Stone, Chorus Fruit|
|218||Atlantian Ancap Ale||2||Sandstone, Bone Meal|
|219||Pure Chloroform||4||Potato, Ink Sac, Ender Pearl, Sugar Cane|
|220||Classic Absinthe||1||Long Grass|
|221||Heady Topper||3||Wheat, Poppy, Sugar|
|222||Sovian Chorus Ale||1||Chorus Fruit|
|223||The Green Kitten||2||Cactus Green, Raw Fish|
|224||Lusitan Wine||3||Nether Wart, Sugar, Vine|
|225||Traveler's Liqueur||4||Sugar, Apple, Leather Boots, Sign|
|226||Ice-cold Cola||2||Sugar, Cocoa Beans|
|227||Ancient Shipwreck Wine||3||Nether Wart, Oak Leaves, Seeds|
|228||Potion of Blindness||3||Glowstone Dust, Redstone, Carrot|
|229||Potion of Hunger||3||Rotten Flesh, Glowstone Dust, Redstone|
|230||Potion of Strentgh||3||Blaze Powder, Glowstone Dust, Redstone|
|231||Potion of Swfitness||3||Redstone, Sugar, Glowstone Dust|
|232||Vinland Brännvin||3||Birch Wood Log, Long Grass, Potato|
|233||The Witch's Eye||3||Spider Eye, Paper, Chorus Fruit|
|234||Orange Sparkler||2||May not be in-game because of config typo|
|235||Ender Blast||2||End Stone, Wood Sword|
|238||Ent||2||Dirt, Oak Log|
|239||Weeping Willow||2||Dirt, Oak Leaves|
|240||Puissance De La Terre||1||Dirt|
|243||Swamp Swig||4||Red Mushroom, Brown Mushroom, Seeds, Dandelion|
|245||Rock N' Roll||1||Cobblestone|
|246||Strong Lapis Vodka||2||Potato, Lapis Lazuli|
|247||Fairy Tail||1||Lapis Lazuli|
|248||Blue Lagoon||1||Lapis Lazuli|
|250||Under-The-Mountain Black Iron Ale||4||Obsidian, Wheat, Stone, Iron Nugget|
|252||Gorgon's Eye||2||Stone, Spider Eye|
|253||Third Eye||1||Spider Eye|
|254||Insight||2||Spider Eye, Sugar|
|258||Gin And Tonic||2||Oak Sapling, Peony|
|259||Juniper Mule||2||Birch Sapling, Wheat|
|260||Cucina Enoteca||1||Dark Oak Sapling|
|261||BeetleJuice||2||Oak Sapling, Apple|
|262||Wagyu Old Fashioned||1||Jungle Sapling|
|263||Axle Foley||1||Oak Sapling|
|264||Virginia Haze||1||Spruce Sapling|
|265||Sage Wisdom||1||Acacia Sapling|
|266||Miruvor||4||Gold Nugget, Apple, Sugar Cane, Birch Leaves|
|269||Red Rainbow Shot||1||Red Terracotta|
|270||Orange Rainbow Shot||1||Orange Terracotta|
|271||Yellow Rainbow Shot||1||Yellow Terracotta|
|272||Green Rainbow Shot||1||Green Terracotta|
|273||Blue Rainbow Shot||1||Blue Terracotta|
|274||Violet Rainbow Shot||1||Purple Terracotta|
|275||True Rainbow Liquor||6||Red Terracotta, Orange Terracotta, Yellow Terracotta, Green Terracotta, Blue Terracotta, Purple Terracotta|
|276||Elderberry Tea||2||Birch Leaves, Bone|
|277||Winter Chai||2||Birch Leaves, Snow Ball|
|278||Black Apple Tea||3||Apple, Birch Leaves, Ink Sac|
|279||Lavender Tea||2||Birch Leaves, Lilac|
|280||Jack Frost Tea||2||Dark Oak Leaves, Ice|
|281||Rosy Black Tea||3||Dark Oak Leaves, Ink Sac, Rose Red Dye|
|282||Masale Wali Chai||3||Jungle Leaves, Milk, Sugar|
|283||Chamomile Tea||2||Acacia Leaves, Peony|
|284||Pinot Blanc||2||Vine, Bone Meal|
|285||Sparkling Wine||2||Glowstone Dust, Vine|
|287||Chateau Pétrus||2||Vine, Spruce Leaves|
|288||Grüner Veltliner||2||Cobblestone, Vine|
|289||Strong Merlot||2||Rose Red, Netherwart|
|290||Fragrant Shiraz||2||Vine, Netherwart|
|291||Miner's Woe||2||Rails, Redstone Torch|
|293||Ambrosia||4||Lapis Lazuli, Glowstone Dust, Chorus Flower, Glistering Melon|
For those of you just starting out with Brewery, there are a few officially released recipes that you can experiment with! Try making the perfect versions and then making them incorrectly to see how the Brewery plugin works. Due to a few complaints, I have also included the recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte since the hint required you to have knowledge of the past server named Devoted. (Please do not expand this list. Brewery recipes should remain hidden)
|Beverage||Ingredients||Cauldron Time||Distill Amount||Barrel Type||Barrel Age||Alcohol||Effects|
|Fine Wheatbeer||3 Wheat||8 Mins||None||Acacia||2 Years||10||Speed 1, 70 Seconds|
|Golden Mead||18 Sugar Cane||5 Mins||None||Oak||2 Years||10||Speed 1, 50 Seconds|
|Russian Vodka||10 Potatoes||15 Mins||3 Distills||None||0 Years||20||Weakness 1, 15 Seconds
Poison 1, 3 Seconds
|Strong Absinthe||15 Grass||5 Mins||6 Distills||None||0 Years||40||Poison 1, 15 Seconds
Blindness 3, 2 Minutes 10 Seconds
|Pumpkin Spice Latte||12 Cocoa Beans
5 Pumpkin Seeds
2 Sugar Cane
2 Milk Buckets
|3 Mins||None||None||0 Years||0||Speed 1, 6 Minutes 20 Seconds|
|Sovereign Tea||10 Oak Leaves
2 Sugar Cane
|5 Mins||None||None||0 Years||0||Glowing, 60 Seconds|
|Cocaine||64 Sugar||5 Mins||15 Distills||None||0 Years||0||Confusion, 10 Seconds
Blindness 3, 10 Minutes
|Devil Spring Vodka||14 Potatoes
|6 Mins||8 Distills||None||0 Years||80||Blindness 3, 5 Minutes 40 Seconds
Slowness 2, 2 Minutes 30 Seconds
Night Vision, 10 Seconds
Poison 1, 3 Seconds
Note: Due to conflicting plugins on Civclassics, in addition to the effects above for each brew, the vanilla potion effect may also be added. For example, an orange colored brew may give you fire resistance for 3 minutes even when it isn't supposed to.
Hopefully this guide helped you out with understanding Brewery. If you have any additional hints, feel free to add them below!
- Use the command "/brew unlabel" to remove the distill and aging times from your brews! This is useful for keeping your hard earned recipes a secret.
- While trying to discover new brews, it is helpful to only experiment with one factor at a time. (Fermentation time, aging, distilling, ingredient amount)
- You can safely take brews out of a barrel and store them in a separate chest while you are offline so you can continue aging them another time. Some brews take a long time to barrel age and you can easily miss the proper aging time while offline.
- Network! A lot of players already have discovered dozens of recipes. If you are a new player, it helps to ask your nation or neighboring nations if they have any recipes they are willing to reveal to you.
- It is beneficial to have a cow in your brewery because some non alcoholic drinks require milk! It is also useful to store a bucket on an item frame near your cow for easy access to the ingredient.
- Unfortunately shop chests do not work with the Brewery Plugin at the moment. (Hopefully that changes in the future). You can still sell brews by using some redstone and dispensers with item exchange though.
- In the current config containing 290 recipes, no brew has a fermentation time that exceeds 30 minutes.
This Brewery guide was created by GreatLordOz. The CivClassics Brewery Config was written by GreatLordOz with help from RektTangle. If you have any issues with this wiki or general questions, feel free to contact GreatLordOz on reddit /u/ChaosNeverLasts