This page is a work in progress, for a short overview guide refer to Getting Started Guide.
- 1 Editing Philosophy
- 2 Humbug
- 3 Factorymod
- 4 Namelayer
- 5 Combat Changes
- 6 JukeAlert
- 7 Citadel
- 8 Bastion
- 9 CivChat2
- 10 CombatTag
- 11 Exile Pearl
- 12 MemeMana
- 13 ItemExchange
- 14 Realistic Biome
- 15 HiddenOre
- 16 OreObfuscator
- 17 RandomSpawn
- 18 Kira
- 19 Brewery
- 20 BlockLimits
- 21 Other
- 22 References
See Talk:Comprehensive Guide for a To-Do list.
Civ needs different guides for different purposes, audiences and mediums. This guide is not an introductory guide but one that aims to be as detailed as possible. Many civ features are barely documented at all, and almost all documentation is outdated. The detailed base of this guide is useful alone but it also serves to form a scaffolding for other mediums of guide. For example, it is easier to make a 5 minute video explaining a specific plugin if you have all the information on said plugin clearly stated and in one place. If you'd rather condense a guide to be new player friendly see the getting Started Guide, which also needs substantial work. If you'd rather translate a guide into a new medium such as video or infographic link to it on this page or use Talk:Comprehensive Guide; in this manner all guide topics can be made accessible.
Humbug is mostly small on/off tweaks :
- Buff bows by 20%
- Enchanted golden apples turn to normal golden apples when eat attempted.
- Increases damage reduction granted by the Protection enchantment
- Nerfs the strength potion back to pre-1.5 mechanics
- tripled added damage from strength potion levels
- 30% chance projectile causes slow debuff for 100 ticks
- Disable villager trades
- Disable ender chest usage
- Disable endermen stealing blocks
- Disable wither explosions destroying blocks and wither insta-break ability
- Wither skulls have .4 % drop ratecitation needed
- Enchanted books cannot be made (Placing book in enchantment table)
- end portal tiles are indestructible
- Disables teleportation with chorus fruit
- Disables mounting or dismounting elytra
- Disable all vanilla XP sources but XP bottles
- prevent inventory minecarts from being opened
- prevent players in vehicles from opening inventories
- Set base movement speed of mounted horses to 0.3 (from .17 default)
- Boats placed on land will break upon being entered
- Prevents ender pearls being saved when unloaded
- allows equipping a banner as a hat
- sanitize sign length to 100 text row length
- Water and lava above y 180 has limited propagation
- Removes iron ingots from being dropped by mobs
- Creeper drops doubled
- Death and join announcements disabled
- Lava water cobble stone generation disabled (cobble_from_lava: false)citation needed
For all humbug options, including those not configured on CivClassic, see the ReadMe
More efficient item production
Most factories offer an increase in yield in exchange for a high setup and upkeep cost, such as the diamond sword smith which creates 15 diamond swords for only 10 diamonds (three times more efficient than vanilla crafting). Some factories create a rare output through an alternate method, such as the aesthetics factory which produces mossy stone brick from stone brick and vines. Finally, there are factories that create entirely new outputs, among these: compactors, allowing a stack of materials to be turned into a single item; printing presses printing notes with unique serial numbers (can be used for currency).
Create a factory by placing a furnace, a crafting table and a chest or double chest side by side. Hit each component while holding a stick to interact with the factory.
- The furnace is used to run the factory. Place charcoal (coal will not work) in either or both furnace slots. Hit the furnace with a stick to toggle the factories activation (turning it on or off).
- The crafting table is used to select which factory recipe to run. Hit the crafting table with a stick to open the 'Select a recipe' GUI. Here you can mouse over an item to see which recipe it corresponds to and the number of times it has been run. Left click an item to switch recipe.
- The chest is where recipe inputs and outputs are deposited. Hit the chest with a stick to see factory type and health.
Complete the factory setup by placing a dirt block in the chest and running the factory. This creates the dirt factory, from which all other factories are derived. Use the commands
/fm [factory name] to see all factories and their recipes.
Factories have health which degrades over several monthscitation needed. When the health reaches zero only the repair factory recipe can be ran. This recipe is found in every factories 'Select a recipe' GUI and is symbolized by the furnace item. The cost to repair a factory ranges from 5 to 15% of setup costcitation needed. After around 2 years of not being repaired the factory will break permanently. If a component (furnace, crafting table and chest) or all components of the factory are broken not by time but physically they can be replaced in the same location and the factory can be recreated for only half of the initial factory recipe creation cost.
- If the chest becomes full during a factory run, output has no free slots to be deposited to and will be wasted.
- The crafting tables 'Select a recipe' GUI has two settings consistent across all factories. The 'Toggle auto select' setting, symbolized by a redstone block is found in all factories and when turned on factory automatically selects any recipe it has the ingredients to run when activated. Be careful as some factories create an output in one recipe and take it as input in another recipe meaning the two products cycle until charcoal runs out. The 'Open menu' setting symbolized by a painting opens a GUI equivalent to the
/fm [factory name]command.
- Redstone that activated the factory furnace will cause the factory to run
- Factories can be placed vertically with a furnace at the bottom, a crafting table in the middle and a chest or double chest at the top.
- It is possible to create a factory without making a dirt factory first by placing materials needed in the chest instead of the single dirt blockcitation needed.
- A signed book can be turned into a printing plate. The printing plate can then be used in the following recipes : 'Print Book' which makes multiple book copies (without appending 'copy of'); 'Print Note' which makes a readable pamphlet from the first page of a book; 'Print Secure Note' which prints a note and appends the printing plates unique serial number.
- The compactor turns a stack of items and a crate (which is made in a carpentry factory) into one lored compacted item, making it useful for carrying resources. The compacted item stacks meaning a compacted stack can hold the square of said item stack size. For example, a compacted stack of stone (which stacks to 64) fits into one inventory slot yet contains 4096 stone. A compacted stack of ender pearls (which stacks to 16) fits into one inventory slot yet contains 256 ender pearls. The exception is items which do not stack, such as swords, as 8 of any unstackable item will compact into one. All compacted items must have the same NBT data, for example, you can only compact eight swords if each has same enchantment and enchantment ordercitation needed.) Unlike compacted blocks, which cannot be placed, compacted tools armor, ender pearls and so on can be used as normal. Be warned this provides no advantage and waste resources (For example when you use a compacted sword and uncompact it the durability of each uncompacted sword equals the durability on the compacted input object effectively using durability 8 times faster). Selecting the 'Uncompact' recipe will return a full stack of items taking ingredient of 1 compacted item. Crates are not returned.
- XP cannot be gained through vanilla means and must be made in cauldron factories. These create emeralds from large amounts of common crops. The advanced cauldron factory takes compacted materials as ingredients.
Additional factories with special outputs include the Bastion factory which creates lored bastion blocks (see : Bastion )
A Citadel reinforcement group manager. Allows the creation of groups in Minecraft. From buildings to chat messages, one can selectivity restrict or expand which players have access.
The extensive Namelayer commands can be entirely avoided:
/nl [group]- Open Namelayer GUI.
The first screen of the Namelayer GUI shows rows of chestplates each corresponding to a Namelayer group, each chestplate type corresponding to a permission level (Leather = Member, Gold = Mod, Iron = Admin, Diamond = Owner. The enchanted chestplate shows the default group which is the group reinforcements will be on after typing only
/ctf). For example the admin owner permission level gives the ability to delete the group while the member does not by default.
|/nlcg <group> [password]||Creates a group, optionally with password|
|/nlsp <group> <password>||Adds password to an existing group|
|/nljg <group> <password>||Joins a password protected group|
|/nlag <group>||Accepts an invitation to a group|
|/nlbl <group> <player>||Blacklists a player in a group|
|/nldg <group>||Deletes a group|
|/nlip <group> <player> (PlayerType- default MEMBERS)||Invites player to a group with optional rank|
|/nlleg <group>||Leaves a group|
|/nllink <super group> <\sub group>||Links two groups to each other as nested groups. (unsupported)|
|/nlmg <The group left> <The group that will be gone>||Merges two groups together. (Warning : Doing this is not recommended and may eventually cause groups to break)|
|/nlmp <group> <add/remove> <PlayerType> <PermissionType>||Modifies the permissions of a group.|
|/nlpp <group> <player> <playertype>||Promotes/Demotes a Player in a group|
|/nlrg <group>||Rejects an invitation to a group.|
|/nlubl <group> <player>||Removes a player from the blacklist for a group|
|/nlrm <group> <member>||Removes a member from a group.|
|/nlri <group> <player>||Revokes an invite|
|/nlsdg <group>||Sets or changes default group|
|/nltaai||Toggles the auto-acceptance of invites|
|/nltg <group> <player>||Transfers a group to another owner|
|/nlunlink </super group>||Unlinks two groups from each other. [Unsupported]|
|/nlun [CONFIRM]||Updates account name on the server to the one minecraft account currently has [Unsupported]|
|/nllg||Lists all groups player is in. Formatted "<group> : <permission level>"|
|/nlgdg||Gets default group|
|/nlgls||Gets the amount of groups on server|
|/nlgs <group>||Get stats about a group. (Total members and list of members)|
|/nlid||Infodump including list of members for each role level in each group|
|/nllci||Lists players current active invites.|
|/nllm <group> (PlayerType)||List the players with selected role in a group|
|/nllp <group> <PlayerType>||Shows permissions for a PlayerType in a group.|
|/nlsbl <group>||Shows all blacklisted players for a group|
|LIST_PERMS||Can list the permissions of any PlayerType|
|OPEN_GUI||Can open namelayer GUI for group|
|BASTION_PEARL||Can pearl into bastion fields|
|BASTION_ALLOW_EXILED||Allows exiles inside bastion range|
|MERGE||Can merge group with another group they have MERGE permissions on [Note: Does Merge group work as intended?]|
|DOORS||Can open and close reinforced doors|
|ADMINS||Allow inviting admins and removing existing admins|
|CLEAR_SNITCHLOG||Can clear snitchlog with /jaclear|
|SNITCH_NOTIFICATIONS||Can see chat messageswhen players trigger snitches|
|JOIN_PASSWORD||Perm level given to members when they join with a password|
|LINKING||Linking to another group as supergroup or subgroup [Unsupported]|
|OWNER||Can invite new owners and remove existing owners|
|DELETE||Can delete group|
|READ CHAT||Can read chat messages sent in group|
|MODS||Can invite new owners and remove existing owners|
|ACIDBLOCK||Can place acidblocks reinforced to group (/ctacid)|
|CROPS||Can place and destroy crops|
|UPGRADE_FACTORY||Can upgrade factories|
|MEMEMANA_WITHDRAW||Can withdraw mana|
|SNITCH_IMMUNE||Will no longer cause snitch alerts when in range of snitches on group.|
|BASTION_PLACE||Can place in bastion ranges reinforced to group|
|WRITE_CHAT||Can type messages in group|
|READ_SNITCHLOG||Can check snitchlogs with /ja|
|MEMBERS||Can invite new members and remove existing members|
|PERMS||Can adjust all permissions in group (Dangerous)|
|USE_FACTORY||Can use factory reinforced to group|
|INSECURE_REINFORCMENT||Can use hoppers to take items out of reinforced containers /ctinsecure|
|SNITCH_TOGGLE_LEVER||Can do /jaToggleLevers 1 to allow snitchs triggering redstone|
|BASTION_LIST||Can list bastions on group (/bsl)|
|REINFORCEMENT_INFO||Can use /cti and see group block reinforced to|
|BYPASS_REINFORCEMENT||Can use /ctb and break reinforcement, returning reinforcement item|
|REINFORCE||Can /ctf, /ctb blocks|
|LIST SNITCHES||can /jalist to see all snitches on group|
|BLACKLIST||Can blacklist players and remove existing blacklisted players|
|PASSWORD||Allows viewing this groups password and changing or removing it|
|GROUPSTATS||Can check stats on group|
|LOOKUP_SNITCH||Can /jalookup a snitch giving coords|
|RENAME_SNITCH||Can rename snitches|
|CHESTS||Can use chests|
|KIRA_MANAGE_CHANNEL||Can setup Kira relays on discord to relay group messages and alerts|
Usernames are permanent. Once an account has logged in, it won't be possible to change the username. Changing the username the username using the official Minecraft website will not change it on CivClassic.
CivClassic uses a different combat mechanics than in vanilla 1.12 that is based the pre-1.8 combat mechanics.
- Dual wielding is enabled.
- Clicking at rate higher than 8.5 (?) CPS will decrease the overall damages dealt.
- Ender Pearls have a cooldown of 15 seconds (vs. 1s in vanilla).
- Ender Crystals do not inflict damage on the player but will still destroy surrounding blocks.
- Snowballs and eggs do no inflict damage nor knock players back but will slightly damage armor.
(strength pots nerfed and bows buffed by 1.2 from humbug?)
Record the actions of other players in an area using snitches
Creating a snitch
Snitches are triggered when a player enters the 11 block square shaped radius around the snitch block. Players with namelayer permission
SNITCH_NOTIFICATIONS on the group the snitch is reinforced to receive a chat message in the format
* <player> entered snitch at <snitch name> [world <x>,<y>,<z>]. To create a snitch place a reinforced noteblock or jukebox. The snitch name can be set using the
/janame <name> command. Both noteblocks and jukebox snitches output chat messages on player entry yet jukebox snitches have the additional functionality of logging the entry in addition to block placement, block breaks and interactions with entities (Such as opening chests, killing mobs and mounting horses)
Jukebox logs can be checked by players who have the permission
READ_SNITCHLOG. Standing within snitch range (11 block raduis) and typing
/jainfo prints logs in chat while
/ja opens a GUI containing logs. Both commands display the same information.
/jainfo can take additional parameters in the syntax
/jainfo [<page number> or 'next'] [censor] [action=<action type>] [player=<username>]. These parameters can be combined in any order.
||View older entries. It can either be a page number or the keyword
||Censor coordinates from the logs. This is useful for posting snitch evidence publicly.|
||Filter by action type.|
||Filter by player name.|
Snitches need to be periodically refreshed by a player entering the snitch field who is on the snitch group with the namelayer
LIST_SNITCHES permission. Snitches that are not refreshed will cull and lose all functionality which can only be regained by breaking and replacing the snitch block.
Jukebox snitches can be configured to cause levers on the blocks on or adjacent to the jukebox sides to output a redstone pulse. This behavior which is disabled by default can be enabled with
/jaToggleLevers 1 and disabled by
/jaToggleLevers 0 in radius of snitch.
The direction the lever is placed on changes the action type that causes it to trigger.
|North||Player entry or login/logout|
Nearby levers will be turned on for a duration of approximately 750ms. This duration can vary due to server lag. Levers that have already been enabled by players will also be turned off after 750ms.
- Breaking a snitch will print the namelayer group it is reinforced to along with the owner of the namelayer. This does not apply to culled snitches.
- Pearling in a snitch field will not trigger the snitch but moving inside will.
||Display JukeAlert help|
||Open snitch GUI|
||Print snitch logs in chat.|
||Display snitches in chat|
||Use coordinates to show the namelayer the snitch is reinforced to|
||Ignore/Stop ignoring a group. Leaving the 'group' parameter empty will list the ignored groups.|
||Clear snitch logs from a nearby snitch|
||Enable/Disabled the lever output functionality|
- It is recommended to name snitches appropriately to locate snitches more easily. A good naming pattern can be
- The Snitch Master mod is recommended when managing snitches.
- It is advised to configure a Kira relay to send snitch messages to a discord channel.
Allows spending resources to 'reinforce' blocks, forcing players not on block group to break block multiple times to destroy.
Reinforcement materials are resources that blocks can be reinforced with. The reinforcement material is used up when reinforcing a block and can be regained when a player on the group breaks the block. Players that break a reinforced block they are not on the group for will not receive the material used to reinforce it.
|Material||Number of breaks to destroy||Maturation time||Acid maturation||Notes|
|Stone||50||5 minutes||20 minutes|
|Iron||300||30 minutes||6 hours|
|Diamond||2000||4 hours||2 days|
|Emerald||1500||instantly matures||1 day, 12 hours||Not implemented|
|Bedrock||147483646||1 minute||102419 days, 4 hours, 46 minutes||Admin only|
Citadel commands are used to control which blocks are reinforced. A description of features is listed beneath.
|/ctfortify [groupname]||/ctf||Reinforces all blocks you place down until reinforcement material runs out or you use command to exit reinforcement mode. Requires holding reinforcement material when typing command|
|/ctreinforce [groupname]||/ctr||Reinforces blocks you punch while holding a reinforcement material|
|/ctbypass||/ctb||Bypasses a reinforcement and gives you the reinforcement back when you break it|
|/ctinfo||/cti||Will give you information about blocks you click on.|
|/ctoff||/cto||Turns off all reinforcement and information modes|
|/ctacid||Activates an acid block|
|/ctinsecure||/ctin||Toggles insecure reinforcment|
|/ctmaterials||/ctm||Lists all possible materials you can reinforce with.|
|/rein||List all possible materials you can reinforce with, in a GUI.|
|/help Citadel||List all commands|
- Tool durability will not go down when damaging a reinforced block.
- Because a moment passes between block break animation and reinforced block reappearing it is possible to 'reach' behind reinforced block. For example for particularly low hardness
- It is possible to double reinforce a double chest by placing it while using
- Explosions will do 1 reinforcement damage to all blocks in blast range. This includes blocks TNT cannot explode such as obsidian.
Acid blocks are reinforced gold blocks that can be used to remove grief by placing them below a reinforced block. The reinforcement type of the acid block must be the same as the one used for the block above. After a while (see acid maturation time) the blocks can be removed by looking at the acid block and doing /ctacid. The block on the top will be removed an the gold block will be dropped on the ground. /ctacid has a range of 40 blocks. It can remove several blocks at the same as long as they line up with the player's cursor.
A reinforcement can be set to insecure using /ctin or /ctinsecure and hitting it. This allows hoppers to move items out.
- Reinforced buttons will only emit a signal if someone from the namelayer is nearby (distance?)
- Comparators cannot inspect the content of a reinforced container block (e.g: chests, furnaces, droppers)
- Droppers and hoppers will not transfer items if the destination block is not on the same reinforcement group.
- Blocks can not be attached to a reinforced redstone component (e.g dropper, dispenser, hopper?) if not on the reinforcement groups.
- Reinforced doors, trapdoors and fences gate will only respond to a redstone signal if someone on the reinforcement group is less than 7 blocks away from it 
Reinforcements placed under a group will decay if the group becomes inactive (no player in the groups logs in).
Currently, reinforcements will start decaying after 1 year of inactivity and the damage multiplier doubles every year. The damage multiplier is applied to every block break. This means that with a damage of multiplier of 2, reinforced blocks can be broken twice as fast.
Since a single player logging in is enough to reinitialize the decay clock and since the decay rate is rather slow, decayed buildings aren't common.
|Decay state||Inactivity||Damage multiplier|
|Not decayed||< 1 year||x1 (normal)|
|Partially decayed||> 1 year but < 4 years||2-8|
|Highly decayed||> 4 years but < 8 years||16-128|
|Heavily decayed||> 8 years but < 11 years||256-1024|
|Completely decayed||> 11 years||>= 2048|
A common abbreviation series is DRO/IRO/SRO, standing for for Diamond/Iron/Stone reinforced obsidian.
- Note that reinforced blocks are not affected by gravity (e.g. reinforced sand will float). However if the block by default breaks when block beneath is removed, it will break even if reinforced (e.g. rails whose base is broken will also break).
- Being in reinforcement or fortify mode will prevent the use of citadel buttons. Walking over pressure plates while in this mode will reinforce them to currently selected group.
- Reinforcing farmland will give crops planted on it citadel protection.
- Reinforce leaf blocks and destroying the tree they are apart of will lead to loss of reinforcment.
- Placing a reinforced button/sign and breaking the block at the base will make it drop but will leave a reinforced air block behind. As this is an exploit its use should be avoided.
An online calculator can be found at: https://okx.sh/break/
The following tables assume a perfect TPS and 0 latency.
|Efficiency and Haste level||No reinforcement||Stone Reinforced||Iron Reinforced||Diamond Reinforced|
|Efficiency and Haste level||No reinforcement||Stone Reinforced||Iron Reinforced||Diamond Reinforced|
|Efficiency and Haste level||No reinforcement||Stone Reinforced||Iron Reinforced||Diamond Reinforced|
|Efficiency and Haste level||No reinforcement||Stone Reinforced||Iron Reinforced||Diamond Reinforced|
Non reinforceable blocks
Some blocks cannot be reinforced. This includes blocks with unique properties such as TNT, bedrock and portal blocks. Most plants cannot be reinforced. Finally liquids and entities are also unreinforcable (they are not blocks).
|SNOW (only layers of snow, the full block can be reinforced)|
|ICE (only normal ice)|
|RED_ROSE (Includes all single block tall flowers)|
CivClassic uses Bastion in tandem with Citadel and Namelayer. It adds two types of blocks to the game: city bastions (lored bone block) and vault bastions (lored sponge). They are an advanced defensive block, preventing foes from taking action in the space surrounding it. The fields they project cover a square area from the y-level where the bastion block is located up to y256 (sky limit). Vault bastions are typically used in defensive infrastructure (most notably, vaults) to prevent block placement and ender pearl throwing. They allow or disallow players based in membership on the group the bastion is Citadel-reinforced with, and can be broken by hostile players from any block under their coverage. Essentially, doing any "forbidden" activity inside of a bastion field will cause damage, and over a period of time (scaling with the number of people attacking) the bastion will break, deleting the block and removing its field from existence. The health of the bastion block depends on the Citadel reinforcement, but due to the high cost of the block there is little sense in using anything but diamond. A bastion cap refers to the blocks, normally 1 layer of DRO (Diamond-reinforced obsidian), placed around the bastion block itself to protect it. Without a cap, it may be more efficient for attackers to mine the bastion block itself than to break it via block placements.
Breaking a bastion alone with block placements takes roughly one hour. It is however possible to break several bastions at the same time if their fields overlap: damaging the bastions in the overlap area will damage both bastions.
Bastions are created with FactoryMod using a bastion factory. To build one, it costs 32 of each of the 6 lored bastion components, each coming from a separate factory:
|Item||Factory of Origin||Ingredients (per recipe)||Yield|
|Gearbox||Redstone Mechanics||16 gold, 4 iron blocks, 32 redstone||1|
|Energizer||Cauldron (Tiers 2 and 3)||6 emeralds, 32 charcoal, 6 gunpowder||1|
|Bio Component||Animal Husbandry||3 slimeballs, 32 ice, 16 grass blocks, 1 lava bucket (only consumes lava)||1|
|Refractor||Ore Smelter||6 diamonds, 64 glass, 32 lapis blocks||2|
|Casing||Carpentry||64 chests, 4 iron blocks, 64 obsidian||4|
|Radar||Iron Forge||32 iron, 16 redstone, 8 eyes of ender||8|
This means that, not including the 6 factories above, the total cost of a bastion factory is roughly 96 diamonds, 192 emeralds, 174 iron blocks, 57 gold blocks, 121 redstone blocks, 1024 ice, 1024 glass, 1024 charcoal, 512 lapis blocks, 512 obsidian, 512 chests, 512 grass blocks, 192 gunpowder, 96 slimeballs, 32 eyes of ender, and a lot of lava. Due to this steep price, most players produce bastions collaboratively or purchase them from others with the means.
|/bsl||Displays list of all bastions player is on Namelayer group for and their type, location and maturity|
|/bsi||(INFO mode) Using USE key on block within a bastion field displays whether a bastion is present and if player is added to bastion group. If the bastion block itself is clicked, the bastions maturity is shown : e.g. "Bastion: Some Strength" if maturing and a percentage equal to however much health of the bastion remains.|
|/bsga <group>||Add a Namelayer group to a set of "allowed to build" groups for a Bastion's Namelayer group. People on are thus able to build on areas covered by the bastions on . The person running command does not need to be on the added namelayer group.|
|/bsgd <group>||Removes a previously allowed group from a Bastion's Namelayer group|
|/bsgl <group>||list allowed groups in bastion groups|
|/bsf||Allows you to reinforce a sponge block without turning it into a bastion. Note: After this command is used, it may not be possible to turn sponge block back into bastion - the /bsb command does not appear to work. If you wish to display a bastion block without it applying an effect, simply place it down without reinforcing|
|/bsb||(BASTION mode) Any reinforced target sponge block will become a Bastion Block. Note: This does not appear to work : if one wishes to place a bastion block they should simply place in normal mode, which requires no command.|
|/bsd||(DELETE mode) Click bastions to delete them Note: This does not appear to serve a function - if one wishes to remove a bastion they own they can simply mine the bastion and do not have to delete the block and in the process lose the bastion.|
|/bso||(NORMAL mode) Changes all bastion modes to normal. Note: Is not needed unless one is using DELETE or BASTION modes, which are also necessary. One can place bastions without using any bastion command, simply by reinforcing the bastion block.|
|/bsc||No longer a command|
City bastions prevent unauthorized players from
- Appearance: bone block
- Size: 101 * 101 centered around the bastion block
- Description: Allow block placement but prevents block reinforcements. Prevent exiled players from entering area of effect. Exiled players who come within the bastion range will be teleported to a location outside of the bastion field.
- Factory Cost: 1 of each bastion component yields 4 city bastions.
- Appearance: sponge
- Size: 21 * 21 centered around the bastion block
- Description: Prevent block placement, Prevent pearling to any block within the bastion field. Prevent exiled players from entering area of effect. Prevent flying Elytra into field. Elytra will break.
- Factory Cost: 16 of each bastion component yields 16 bastions.
Advanced Bastion Mechanics
Vault bastions remove block placements, yet for a tick the block appears as normal. Server rules allow using block glitching to pillar out from holes. Block glitching more than a few blocks high is possible although timings make it difficult.
Exile players are teleported outside of bastion fields. With a correct setup this can allow teleportation over large distances. This is against server rules.
- Vault bastions will block Block placements, Pearls, Elytra, Piston extensions causing block to enter bastion field, liquids from flowing into field (including through dispenser), exiled players from entering.
- Vault bastions will not block entities (including falling entities), dragon eggs teleporting into field, bonemeal usage inside field
|/afk||Toggle. Prevents receiving direct messages.|
|/g <group>||Send following chat to that group.|
|/exit or /e or /g||Send following chat to local chat ("global"), leaving any active group chats.|
|/g <group> <message>||Sends message to that group without entering group chat mode.|
|/msg <player>||Send following chat to that group.|
|/msg <player> <message>||Sends message to that player without entering direct message mode.|
|/reply or /r||Enter direct message mode with the last player that has messaged you.|
|/reply <message> or /r <message>||Send a single message to that player without entering direct message mode. Use with caution, as another player may message you just before you send the message. Instead, prefer |
|/ignore or /i||Toggle ignoring a player|
|/ignoregroup <group> or /ig <group>||Toggle ignoring a group|
|/ignorelist||List of ignored groups and players|
/msg [player], the commands
/g [group] etc. do not make you leave direct message mode. To leave direct message mode, do
/msg or wait for the other player to log off.
CombatTag is a server plugin which is used to balance PvP (Player vs Player combat).
When you are "combat tagged" you are unable to log out of the server safely by using /logout. Instead, you are stuck in the server for a short period of time, and if you simply disconnect from the server you will leave behind a "combat logger". Your body is left behind for 30 seconds, and you can still be killed and pearled after you disconnect.
When you first join the server you are combat tagged for 10 seconds, When somebody hits you, you are combat tagged for 30 seconds. This is to prevent you getting into a PvP fight and deciding to just logout to avoid being killed.
Make sure to always find a safe spot and /logout to leave the server safely. You will have to stand still for 10 seconds in order to log out safely, but this will avoid leaving your body behind for 30 seconds.
/combattagplus- Check combat tag timer
/logout- Logs out without spawning combat tagger (10 seconds w/o movement or pvp)
Killing a player while having at least one pearl in the inventory hotbar will pearl the victim and bind it to a pearl. A player can not be pearled twice. Trying to pearl an exiled player will show the coordinates of its pearl.
Exiled players cannot
- Enter bastion fields. An exiled players who enters a bastion field will be teleported outside of it.
- Attack another player
- Break reinforcements
- Be within 1000 blocks of their pearl if the pearl is inside a chest (or other block container)  
- Place TNT
- Light fires
- Damage bastions
- Place snitches
- Equip diamond armor
Players whose pearl has been upgraded to a prison pearl are sent and are not able to escape back to the overworld.
|/ep locate||Locates your exile pearl|
|/ep free||Free an exile pearl|
|/ep broadcast <group/player>||Broadcasts your pearl location to a group or another player|
|/ep accept||Accepts a pearl broadcast request|
|/ep silence <player>||Stops pearl broadcasting from a player|
|/ep summon||Summon a prisoner|
|/ep return||Returns a summoned player|
|/ep confirm||Confirms a summon request|
|/ep refill [amount]||Refill a pearl using mana|
|/ep upgrade||Upgrade a pearl using mana. Cost 64 mana.|
- A pearled player that gets stuck can use
/suicideto kill himself.
Pearl decay rate: ?
Decay when player is Inactive: ?
|/manaclaim or /mnc||Claim your mana for logging in|
|/manafuellog||See who has been keeping you pearled|
|/manamaterialize||Makes mana into physical object (Warning currently does not have a purpose) Materialized mana cannot be used for pearl fuel|
|/manashow [group]||Show mana amount|
|/manatransfer <receiver> <amount>||Transfers mana to a group|
|/manawithdraw <group> [amount]||Withdraw mana from group (10 mana by default)|
- Mana can be claimed once a day. The timer for claiming mana is reset at 00:00 GMT.
- The amount of mana that is received is equal to the number of times the player has done
/manaclaimduring the last 10 days. As a result, the maximum of mana that can be earned per day is 10.
- Alts share the same pool of mana. It is not possible to claim mana several time on the same day but on different alts.
- In order to withdraw mana from a group, the MEMEMANA_WITHDRAW permission must be enabled on the group for the specified role. (disabled by default)
ItemExchange is a server plugin which allows players to buy and sell goods in shop chests. It works by creating "Exchange Rules" which are stone buttons with lore that allows them to enable trades. Don't worry, you don't need a craft a bunch of stone buttons! You can make them appear out of thin air.
Browsing shop chests
It is customary to put a sign on the chest with the exchanges. However, if you left click the chest there will be text that says what the input and output for the chest are.
Note: Always check that there is an output! You don't want to put in diamonds only to realize you gave a free donation because they forgot to add an output
Buying from shop chests
There can be multiple exchanges available from a single shop chest. Make sure to left click and be looking at the exchange you want (For example Exchange 1/2 or Exchange 2/2).
Hold the input item in your hand and then right click the chest. The input will be removed from your hand and the output automatically added to your inventory.
1) First way to create exchange rules:
Hold the item you want, in the quantity you would like, (For example, 5 diamonds) and type /iec input. An exchange rule (lored stone button) will be created in your inventory
Hold the item you are selling, in the quantity you are selling for, (For example, one cow egg) and type /iec output. An exchange rule (lored stone button) will be created in your inventory
Place the two buttons in a chest (make sure to reinforce it!). If you left click the chest it will now tell you the exchanges available.
Note: You can place multiple exchanges in a chest. For example, you can have one input rule of 5 diamonds and output rule of 1 cow egg. And also have one input rule for 4 diamonds and one output rule for 1 pig egg in the same chest. Left clicking the chest multiple times will allow you to move through all the available exchanges.
Note: You can have multiple inputs for one output, or one input for multiple outputs. For example, one input rule of 5 diamonds and output rule of 1 cow egg, and a second output rule of 1 pig egg. Second example, one input rule of 5 diamonds, and a second input rule for 9 iron blocks and one output rule for 1 cow egg.
2) Second way to create exchange rules:
If you don't have access to the items you're buying/ selling (or maybe you're too lazy to go grab them!) there are other commands you can use.
/iec input [item] [quantity]
For example: /iec input diamond 5
/iec output [item] [quantity]
For example: /iec output sapling 10
Note: The name of the item has to be the Minecraft data name. For example, dark_oak_sapling.
Editing exchange rules
While holding an exchange, use the following command to change the quantity it trades:
/ies amount [number]
For example: /ies amount 5. This will change the exchange to trade 5 of whatever item
Realistic biomes alters the growth rate for most crops.
It is possible to check the growth rate by left clicking on the ground with the seed/crop in hand or by right clicking on the ground with a stick.
Speeding up growth
Placing clay directly below the block the crop will grow on will improve the growth rate of the crop. Placing more than 4 clay block below will not improve the rate further.
|Blocks of clay||Crop with fixed growth time||Crop with fixed growth time (cumulative)||Crop with percentage based growth||Crop with percentage based growth (cumulative)|
Growing outside of usual biomes
Placing glowstone above the crop will allow the crop to grow in area where it wouldn't normally grow.
The success rate when breeding animals is biome dependent.
Editor's note: Find link to spreadsheet on animal breeding rate.
Disable vanilla ore generation.
Ores other than diamond will randomly spawn when mining stone. Diamond will only spawn in large clusters and aren't scattered everywhere.
The chance to get an ore is based on the (number of faces revealed by breaking a block) + (block itself)
Diamonds will spawn at the vanilla height, below layer Y=17.
Diamonds veins are randomly generated using a Perlin noise. The diamond density in a vein seems higher near the center.
A message will be displayed every time a diamond ore spawns.
- Mining a long tunnel is a good way to find veins.
- Marking diamonds will help discern the shape of the vein.
https://github.com/CivClassic/Orebfuscator OreObfuscator will hide certain type of blocks to stone in order to prevent xray.
- An obfuscated block will be rendered as a stone block if no player is within 8 blocks of it.
- The blocks that are obfuscated are: Dispenser, Chest, Mob Spawner, Crafting Table, Furnace, Enchantment table, Anvil, Trapped Chest, Jukebox, Noteblock, Sponge, < ... ?>
- Because of the range of the OreObfuscator, it is advisable to drop chests at least 8 blocks below the ground.
Players who haven't up a bed will respawn in a random location in a 6500 blocks radius around 0,0.
Editor's note: Fastest way to reach a nation
Kira is a plugin that lets the player create relays on discord. These relays can display snitch hits, chat messages and player login/logout.
Authentication is required before using Kira. This will link the discord account to the IG account.
In order to do that `/discordauth` must be performed on the server. This will create a token. The token must be then transmitted to Kira through discord in order to perform the authentication using `auth [token]`.
In Game commands
- /discordauth - Creates auth code
|!kira help||Shows help|
|!kira apitoken <SNITCH|CHAT|SKYNET>||Generates a token for use with Kiras API|
|!auth [code]||Allows linking your discord account to an ingame account. Run '/discordauth' ingame to get a code.|
|!kira getchannels||Shows all relays owned by you|
|!kira createrelayconfig [name]||Creates a new relay configuration|
|!kira createrelayhere [group]||Attempts to create a relay in the channel this message was sent in for the group it was sent by|
|!kira setrelayconfig [group] [relay]||Sets which configuration to use for a specific relay|
|!kira info||Prints basic info on the bot|
|!kira ingame [command] / !kira mc [command]||Allows you to run ingame commands from discord|
|!kira invite||Allows you to add Kira to other discords|
|!kira quote||Gives life advice|
|!kira relayconfig [name]||Configures properties of a relay config|
|!kira setrelayconfig [group] [relay]||Sets which configuration to use for a specific relay|
|!kira whoami||Shows your linked accounts|
Some blocks are limited per chunk. Exceeding the limit will print the "
Limit reached for this chunk, you cannot place more of this type of block."
|Block||Limit per chunk|
|Sticky piston base||10|
- It is possible to make a system that exceeds the limit as long as it is spread on several chunks.
Editor's note: Test the limits.
Killing a mob with a weapon that has the "Bane of the Arthropods" enchantment will sometime make the mob drop a egg of its respective type.
Each level of "Bane of the Arthropods" will increase the drop rate by 3%. The drop rate will also be increased by 2% for every "Looting" enchantment level.
A monster that drops a spawn egg will not drop loot.
|Without Looting||Looting I||Looting II||Looting III|
|Bane of the Arthropods I||3%||5%||7%||9%|
|Bane of the Arthropods II||6%||8%||10%||12%|
|Bane of the Arthropods III||9%||11%||13%||15%|
|Bane of the Arthropods IV||12%||14%||16%||18%|
|Bane of the Arthropods V||15%||17%||19%||21%|
It is possible to get the spawn eggs of all passive mobs except for Snow and Iron Golems
Fossils will often drop when mining. They can be cracked using the "Ore Smelter" factory for a chance to get extra loot.
|Player Skull (any)||9.11764684||1|
|Spawn egg (1)||0.470588224||1|
|Iron horse armor||0.029411764||1|
|Lapis/Iron/Redstone Block (any)||0.088235292||1|
|Iron spade/sword/axe (any)||0.088235292||1|
|Spawn eggs (2)||0.0518518||1|
|Piece of diamond armor (any)||0.0148148||1|
|Diamond horse armor||0.0037038||1|
|Silk Touch book||0.00110909||1|
|Enchanted Books (3)||0.00725454||1|
|Imcando Pick (4)||0.00040909||1|
|Apollo's Bow (5)||0.00040909||1|
|Egg of Creation (8)||0.00000001||1|
(1) any of the following: Vindicator, Vex, Silverfish, Endermite, Zombie Horse, Skeleton Horse, Donkey, Polar Bear, Parrot, Llamma, Wolf, Squid, Ocelot, Rabbit, Horse, Mooshroom.
(2) any of the following: Zombie Pigman, Enderman, Cave Spider, Villager, Witch, Slime, Magma Cube, Guardian, Ghast, Blaze, Spider, Skeleton, Zombie, Creeper
(3) any of the following: Power V, Infinity, Efficiency V, Unbreaking III, Sharpness V, Protection IV
(4) Lored diamond pickaxe with Efficiency V and Unbreaking III
(5) Lored bow with Power V, Unbreaking III, Flame I and Infinity
(6) Lored watch with Knockback III
(7) Lored paper
(8) Lored dragon egg
- Enchanting does not consume any Lapis Lazuli and works in a similar manner than the pre 1.8 enchanting system.
- The only way to get XP is by crafting bottle o' enchanting by placing an emerald in a crafting grid.
- One bottle o' enchanting will always give 10 XP points. This means that a level 30 enchant will require 140 bottles.
- Items can be infinitely repaired and the repair cost is capped at level 35.
See Discord Servers
- /present - (opens present) [Donum]
- /helpop - sends message for help [Official discord recommended for fastest help response time]
Namecolor gives players who donate $10 or more to the CivClassic Patreon the ability to change the color their name displays in chat and tab menu using the command /namecolor. For $25 the color can be set as rainbow. 
Note not to confuse the grey colored names with the greyed out spectator names, which unlike namecolor can only be used by admins. [Add image]
- Kira help command